Monday, December 13, 2010

More messages of support come in

The decision to end Ritu’s show is clearly ill conceived, unjust and unpopular. In my opinion, it runs contrary to the mandate laid down to BBC local radio stations. I would like to see the decision rescinded immediately”.
JAH WOBBLE

Yemen Supports You / Abu Bakr and the group all send their support:
'God bless you. If we r 2 do something 2 support Ritu and her programme, it'll be our duty & pleasure. Please convey this to Ritu. We are surprised to know this stand of BBC'  



World Circuit & Toumani Diabate join the campaign to save the show
Leading West African kora player, says: "A World in London is a great radio show, and the music played reflects the diversity of this wonderful city.  It’s one of the few quality world music shows on radio in London and I always listen whenever I’m in the UK. It would be a great loss to the airwaves."

"You cannot make this programme any cheaper and is NOT about the money. I am writing here as a director for Green Queen Music ...small independent record labels like ours are going to feel the full force of this decision right away. Ritu's show has supported us a great deal in promoting our products in a market dilapidated of sales, shops, outlets..."Luca Gatti

Sheffield based Gondwana Sound support SaveAWIL 

World Music Central get behind the SAVE AWIL campaign and support DJ Ritu too. Its a music portal dedicated to World Music in the USA with a wide reach... 

Mondomix get behind the SAVE AWIL campaign. It is the essential online resource for worldwide music and culture...

They came first for the folkies, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a folkie.
Then they came for the jazzers, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a jazzer.
Then they came for the blues fans, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a blues fan.  
Then they came for world music, and by that time no one was left to speak up.  
...Then they came for the BBC and by that time no one was left to speak up 
Courtesty of Ian Anderson & Deborah Dickinson

1 comment: